Musical Time Travel

One of the things I love about music is that some songs seem to attach themselves to particular memories. I thought it might be fun if I take you on a musical journey with me, from past to present, through the music of my life, one song at a time.
 
Ready?
 
I don't remember what it was, but at some point  (I was younger than 5, I'm fairly certain) I remember owning a record that had a backwards ABC song. The record player, for some reason, sticks out in my mind as a Sesame Street plastic job, but I might be mistaken (it's been 30 years, so cut me some slack!)  I can actually see my bedroom at that time, I can see the frilly pink canopy bed, and smell the dampness (my room was in a semi-finished basement). I learned the song, and from that point on, I was able to say the alphabet backwards faster than forwards. It's a nifty party trick, I'll tell you. Just one of the many things that makes me... unique.
 
That's not a particularly big memory, but I think it's important for several reasons:
 
1. It was the beginning of my love of music.
2. It quite possibly was part of the beginning of my love of reading and learning.
3. How cool is it that I can say the alphabet backwards?!?
 
XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

I had a Ranger Rick record player...only my record (thanks to my grandfather) had a song called Watermelon Heart.
As in Rosemary Clooney.

Corazon de Melon.de melon, melon, melon, melon, melon.....corazon.....

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand