I can assure you...

I do in fact feed my children.
 
So I'm at a bit of a loss to explain why my children eat crayons. Surely, they don't taste like chocolate.
 
It brings to mind the many, many times as a child when my own mother would ask me why I'd done something, and I'd look at her blankly and say "I don't know". I remember the precise look of exasperation and incredulity in her eyes. It's the same look on my face when I find yet another chewed crayon smashed into the carpet.
 
I'm not really making a big deal out of this, because I'm sure it's happened to other mothers. But I'd really love to know...why? What is so appealing about crayons that they must be eaten? I don't get it.
 
Ah well, now I get to call the carpet man (and rearrange the furniture in three rooms so he can come do the carpets).
 
And hey, at least now their poop will be a pretty shade of blue, right?
 
XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

I suppose that this is also why it says "NON TOXIC" in big letters on the crayons as well...
hmmm...

Perhaps I'll go have a nibble...
Amanda said…
THis was SO well written Sarah, as I found myself nodding and agreeing with you the whole time!!

What to do. What to do.

Blessings!
Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand