Henhouse Diaries, Day One

Woke up at 5:37am, but managed to sleep in until 6:00. Boy does that sound absurd - sleep in until 6:00am, when all sane people are still drooling on their pillowcases. Anywho, got breakfast sorted for the children, and even remembered to include fruit (Aren't I a terrific, responsible mother?). Then I turned on cartoons (scratch that about being a responsible mother - I'm still terrific), and drank my first cup of coffee. The morning was kind of a blur, but somewhere in there was morning tea, and then lunch. We're now going on an hour of trying to get Charlie to go to sleep. I know that she's tired, it's painfully clear. But she is refusing to go to sleep, preferring instead to lie on the floor and shout under it "MOM!" Which, if Pippa weren't sleeping in the next room, I would happily ignore. But seeing that Pippa needs to sleep as well, I can't let it go.
 
I've officially given up on getting that child to sleep. So now she just has to stay awake. As painful and drawn out as that will be, I can see that she is going to push it until it is officially too late for her to have a nap. She's stubborn like her Momma! Maybe tomorrow will be better. :-) After all, it's only 4 hours and 20 minutes until bedtime, and I'm sure that at least a part of that time will be pleasant.
 
XOXO,
Sarah
 
 

Comments

Amanda said…
oh dear... I can't imagine! I am sorry sweety. Wish I could come over, make some coffee or lemonade, help with the kids, then just sit and LISTEN!

You are being prayed for!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand