Highs and Lows

I know I’ve been a bit sickly sweet/gushing over how amazing life is with three children, I’ve got loads of energy, I feel like a superhero, yada yada yada. Lest everyone (all 10 of you who read this blog) think that there’s something wrong with me for never having a crap kind of day, I thought I’d write this post – not to complain, but to maybe paint a more realistic picture of the other side of blissful motherhood.

Today:

I have been spewed on.

I have nearly lost my voice from shouting.

I have been ignored.

I have lost my temper too many times to count (see above thing about shouting)

I have picked up the same toys over and over and over again.

I have shopped with three children – one strapped to my chest, two in the shopping trolley. Truth be told, this was the easiest part of the day – except for the part about staying in my budget.

I have folded and put away so much laundry my head is spinning.

I have cried out “God, please make it all stop” a few times.

I have been impatient, irritable, unpleasant, and just plain NOT NICE to my children. Thankfully, they call me on it Every. Single. Time.

I have changed poop that would make your eyes bleed.

I have had a delicious cup of coffee, laced with chocolate.

Lachlan came home and took the two older girls for a walk, to get them out of the house for a bit.

I have mopped the floor.

I have had it up to my “holy cow when did I get so gray?” hairline.

And so, my dear friends and family, I am going to make some toasted sandwiches for my family, do some more washing (the girls’ blankets smell like a dog that we DON’T HAVE!), and go to bed.

Because tomorrow is coming up very soon, and I’m sure it will be better – if I can just make up my mind to make it a better day.

XO,

Sarah

Comments

cass said…
I reallly like what you did to your page!!! I can't wait to read what you put under your new tabs. BTW sis, your hair looks great that way. When did you start styling that way?

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand