Probably not a surprise to you all...

But it sure shocked me.
My psychologist says that in her opinion, the expectations I have for myself as a person and as a mother are unrealistically high. In my desire to not repeat my own mother's (biological) mistakes, I have set standards for myself that are unreachable by even the best of mothers. So I feel like a failure, because I'm not reaching the mark. Which is what we'll be working on in our sessions. Setting more realistic expectations for myself. Because the truth is, I wouldn't expect half as much from anyone I know. I would never hold anyone to the standard that I have set for me. Not that I think I'm better than anyone else or anything, it's just how I think.
Anyway, just thought I'd share.
XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand