Surprise, surprise...

I've never been much of a morning person. Until recently, I couldn't speak coherently until about 4pm. But slowly, steadily - a change has been creeping over me. I would still cherish the occasional sleep-in, don't get me wrong! But I look forward to morning with an enthusiasm that could only be considered bizarre. And that's without a giant cup of coffee, mind you! The only thing I do differently now is to start my day with God. I get up, make C some breakfast, grab a cup of tea, and sit down to start my daily devotion time. What I look forward to more than anything is reading God's word. And I think that's why I now love mornings. After that daily injection from the Lord, I feel as though I can move mountains. So I start my tasks with vigor, instead of dread. I still can't say I love to clean the kitchen, but I like that as I do it, I am praising God. I like the notion that everything I do, I want it to be an act of worship. Worshipping by scrubbing toilets, by singing hymns to my children, by making a restful, tidy haven for my family. Spending a couple of hours in the morning doing housework isn't exactly what I'd call a good time, but it is no longer something that I dread and fear. Well, sometimes I fear it - but you'd be surprised what kinds of messes children can make!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to worship God at my washing machine...
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do We Go Next?

What a relief!

Please understand