Motivated, but tired

I have a to-do list that is a mile long. And the motivation to get through it. But I'm very, very tired. After yesterday's shopping debacle, and some whopping "Hey-you-idiot-sit-down-and-RELAX" Braxton Hicks contractions, I'm sort of over the flurry of activity. So today, instead of rushing through the list in order to get to the end of it, I'll just take my time with one task until it's finished. No Herculean efforts, no getting winded - just slow and steady. It kind of goes against my natural process, but I think it will be better for me - and the baby.

Been reading about the Samuel/Saul/Jonathan/David scenario, and I have to say that I feel sorry for Saul. Sure, he was arrogant and paranoid, and yes, he did try to kill David. But in his heart he knew it wasn't right. He just can't admit that he needs God, and since I'm not to the end of this saga yet (I've probably read it before but this is the first time I've REALLY read it), I am pretty sure that will be his downfall. I mean, I know that David becomes king, but I don't know the details. But it points out to me that the Old Testament isn't irrelevant, as so many would have us believe. Personally, I draw some parallels from Saul's story to my own:

Saul was chosen by God to be king.
I was chosen by God to be a wife and mother.

Saul got pretty full of himself and started to pretty much ignore God.
Until recently, I was headed the same way.

Saul was pretty unhappy, and imagined all sorts of plots against him.
I was pretty unhappy, and in my head, there were all sorts of lies bouncing around.

I'm at the point in the saga now where Saul's life is spared by David, and he seemingly repents. I don't buy it, I don't think it's genuine, but we'll see.

Like Saul, I wasn't living up to my full potential as a wife and mother, choosing to focus on the wrong things. But once I changed my focus, I saw my potential being realised, and it's been amazing!

I can't wait to read more tomorrow and find out whether Saul's repentance is real or not. My hope is that it's real, but I'm thinking it's not. If you know already, don't spoil it for me?

XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

It doesn't matter if Saul was right or not...it's all part of the bigger story...

YOU know...where Jesus gets to rise from the dead, and we give chocolate to all the good kids... I mean, we rejoice in the Lord!

xoxoxo Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand