Mom of the Year

So my gorgeous friend Heather (http://heathersebi.blogspot.com) says that I am Mom of the Year - at least for my kids, anyway!
RULES (there are always rules):1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

This is hard for me to do, and I really hope no one is offended by my honesty. My one thing (there are many, but this is the BIG ONE) is that I sometimes wish I didn't have children at all. There, I said it. Sometimes, I would trade them both in for a quiet, clean house where my things don't go missing all the time. Has anyone seen my hairbrush? I haven't brushed my hair in two weeks!

The seven things?
1. I love the way Philippa does this little 'happy dance' when you go into her room to get her out of bed.
2. I love Charlie's adventurous spirit.
3. I love the way they both laugh like crazy at Charlie's antics.
4. I love to watch them both sleeping.
5. I love kissing their heads.
6. I love their personalities - Charlie is cheeky, yet sensitive. Philippa is curious and laid back
7. I love that they are a little piece of me and Lachlan - good or bad...

Comments

you did GREAT!!! There's days when I wonder why I became a mom too... It's the hardest job ever. And there aren't a lot of perks for the first few years... LOVE YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand