Going away

We're going away for the night, returning tomorrow evening.
 
Can I just say that sometimes, I'd rather just stay home?
Seriously, the effort and planning that is required (and often procrastinated) is astonishing.
And mostly, I think it's a lot of effort because I'm trying to perform multiple tasks with only two hands.
 
So for the record, it's not physically possible (and it will make you nuts if you try) to do all of the following at one time, if you are indeed one human being and assuming you are not a superhero:
 
Supervise children
Clean house (and keep it clean while children are awake)
Pack clothing
Do Laundry
Eat breakfast
 
Something's gotta give. Since I'm having McDonald's for lunch, I'll skip breakfast, although I suspect that not eating is what's making me feel so snarky this morning.
 
Now I'd better go, because one of the girls is asleep, and I really need to get the car packed.
 
XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

Oooh...where are you off to? I sure hope it is something fun. And, I agree. Packing to go anywhere is a disaster. I'm sorry. xoxo
Amanda said…
I'm sorry...but you being snarky made me laugh... :)

I do so hope you have a good time!!

Blessings-
Amanda
cardiogirl said…
Amen to that. My husband and I really prefer to stay home with the kids even though it means we have to entertain them on long weekends (like this one -- Labor Day in the States.)

The neighborhood kids are all away and our kids are dying to go somewhere as long as it's not at home.

Not gonna happen. Mr. C and I can't take it.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do We Go Next?

What a relief!

Please understand