Conversation with Dad

Hey Dad!
 
Hey honey!
 
I miss you Dad. I wish you could be here watching the girls grow up.
 
I know, honey.
 
You know Dad, you really should have taken better care of yourself. I'm more than a little hacked off at you about that.
 
I'm sorry. You're right, I know you're right. But I didn't know this would happen.
 
Yeah, but you knew you'd die someday, right? You could have made someday much later, like after Charlie and Pippa get married. You could have been around so much longer!
 
You don't know that, honey. God calls us all when the time is right.
 
Yeah, but if you'd made better choices, maybe, I don't know... (pause)
I hate it when you're right. It takes all the fun out of arguing with you.
You still should have taken better care of yourself though.
 
(laughing) Yes, I know.
 
I love you Daddy.
 
I love you too, sweetheart.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand