this was for yesterday. I got busy, and although I had mentally composed a post, I was already in bed so I decided to do it this morning. You get a two-fer today! So here's today's random funny: What is up with children and toilets?? Everywhere we go, Charlie has to check out the toilet. She tells me she needs to do wee or poop, even when she really only wants to check out the toilet. Do kids have a rating system? Does a wall flusher rate higher than a regular tank flusher? Does pink soap rate higher than foamy soap? I do know she's freaked out by the air hand dryers - refuses to use them. So really, what are your thoughts on this? I remember my family referring to my sister as "the bathroom inspector", so I'm pretty sure it's a common thing. But it's funny to watch, that's for sure. She has to ask all manner of questions, and inspect everything before we can go. Which is okay, unless it's a smelly toilet. Who wants to loiter in there?? It'...
First the funny, then the serious. Or maybe they'll be mixed together. First, I seem to have rather a high opinion of myself. In spite of feeling like a failure all the time, I seem to have this elevated opinion of myself in the "what a good mom should be capable of" arena. Case in point: I went to this weekend conference with the kids, and I won't lie - it was HARD. Physically, emotionally, and in all other ways, completely life-draining. But here's the thing. As was pointed out to me by my lovely mother-in-law, ALL the other mums with little ones there this weekend, were there as part of a couple. Meaning TWO parents, not one. They all had help. And yet, I seem to think I'm so special that I should be able to do it on my own, without any help, because I'm just that good. See where this is going? Next: I am in fact, not really all that special. Now don't get your knickers in a knot - I am special in that there is no one like me. W...
Well, what do you know. Yesterday went EXACTLY as planned. With the exception of not watching all the Dr. Who episodes, which I can hopefully do this arvo when the girls are sleeping. I don't know how, I don't know why - but I'm thankful. At exactly 4:01, we headed out of our spotless home, went to the library, picked up some more books for the kids, and 3 books for me - The Sicilian Kitchen, The Mediterranean Table, and Self-Publishing for Dummies. Also picked up a couple of dvds to watch - Three Kings, and The Girl in the Cafe. I'll watch them at some point. Anywhooo. Upon exiting the library, I rang up the pizza shop, ordered the pizzas, then drove to pick up Lachlan. We went to the pizza shop, and it was READY, then came straight home, cracked open the boxes, and dug in. Bathed the girls, dressed them for bed, brushed their teeth, and they were both in bed by 6:30, although Charlie took ages to go to sleep. This almost never happens for us, and when it...
Comments