When The Person Standing In Your Way Is YOU

*Clearing throat, looking at no one in particular*

I'm overweight, and have been so for years. I do a lot of things, but when it comes to physical exercise, I will make EVERYTHING a priority over that. I actually enjoy exercise, so I'm not certain why I do that to myself. Why is it so dang hard to do something I enjoy?

I really enjoy healthy foods, too. So it seems like it would be easy for me to just drop the weight, right? So what is ACTUALLY the problem?

My struggle lies in putting myself first, which is probably not a surprise to anyone. I've always had this struggle. I will avoid putting myself first enthusiastically, looking for things to add to the list above me. It's almost a gift.

How do I go from thinking I should be last to knowing when I should come first?

It is easy to hide behind my family in this stage of my life. It is much, much harder to admit that I am the one standing in my own way. How the heck does one fight against the enemy when the enemy is of ones own making? Previously, I would have said by taking a single step forward. Now though, I  see it differently. Before I can move forward, the first thing I need to do is still take a single step - but to the side. Somehow, I think this step is going to be more difficult than the step forward, but I can't get anywhere if I'm blocking the path.

XO, Sarah







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand