Thank you for power outages, Lord!

We had a 14 hour power outage yesterday. Inconvenient, to say the least. But it was such an awesome thing to have happen. We had such a good time playing together, the girls and I - we did coloring, painting, dominoes, tickles, cuddles, and so much laughter. In spite of me still not being well, it was beautiful. Without the distractions of tv, internet, and housework that requires electricity, I got to really spend time with my babies. And I just ate it up. They are so amazing!
 
Pippa Jane took her first solo steps the night before her 1st birthday. So she is now officially a toddler. A toddler who prefers crawling, but a toddler. Where has the time gone? We have a one year old and a two and a half year old - when did that happen? I watch them playing together, one with sandy blond ringlets, and one with dark tufts of hair, their little heads pushed together, laughing, and I am so thankful. Thankful that they are healthy, that they are happy (most of the time), and that they know I love them. They make me want to be a better person, for lack of a better way to say it. I want to always strive for better. Not perfect, but better. When Charlie and I say our bedtime prayers, her little hand clasping mine, I thank God for the opportunity to be her mother. When I'm awake with Pippa, be it midnight or 5am, I kiss the top of her beautiful head, and relish the extra time I get to spend with her.
 
Hug your babies, Moms - each day is the last day they will be this age. Each day is the last day you will have to enjoy your babies as they are this day. I learned this yesterday, and all because of a power outage.
 
XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand