First the funny, then the serious. Or maybe they'll be mixed together. First, I seem to have rather a high opinion of myself. In spite of feeling like a failure all the time, I seem to have this elevated opinion of myself in the "what a good mom should be capable of" arena. Case in point: I went to this weekend conference with the kids, and I won't lie - it was HARD. Physically, emotionally, and in all other ways, completely life-draining. But here's the thing. As was pointed out to me by my lovely mother-in-law, ALL the other mums with little ones there this weekend, were there as part of a couple. Meaning TWO parents, not one. They all had help. And yet, I seem to think I'm so special that I should be able to do it on my own, without any help, because I'm just that good. See where this is going? Next: I am in fact, not really all that special. Now don't get your knickers in a knot - I am special in that there is no one like me. W...
Comments