A New Day

And a fresh, new start.

Thankfully, there are only a couple of errands to run today, and after we drop off C at preschool, we will take care of them. I need to take my receipt from the doctor to the medicare office for the rebate, then go to the grocery store for our fortnightly shop. The rest of the day can be spent here at home, in a state of domesticity that's almost scary.

I read the Bible passage today about putting on the full armour of God, and it really resonated with me. Each morning, I need to put on that suit of armour, to be ready for the day. Without it, I am defenseless, and naked. Vulnerable to whatever the world throws at me. I particularly love the imagery of this particular passage, especially as it applies to my life as a stay-at-home wife and mother.

Now I've got to dash, as I've got kids to dress, a lunch to pack, and the rest of my armour to put on, and I've left it a bit late.

XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do We Go Next?

What a relief!

Please understand