A moment of gravity

I just found out today that one of my friends from church who was expecting is no longer expecting. The irony of singing about baby Jesus while coming to terms with your own deep, personal loss is indescribable.
 
I am not her, so I can not know what is going through her mind right now. But I grieve with her. I ache for the child who will not rest in her arms. I weep for the miracle of that first meeting between mother and child. Of course I grieve with her husband as well, and for their children who will not get to meet their new sibling. But because of where I've been, I identify more closely with her.
 
There is so much I wish I could share with her, so much I want to say. I want to let her know that she is not alone, that it wasn't her fault, that her baby is safe in the arms of Jesus, that time will not erase this pain, but it will soften it a bit. That I am here, if and when she wants to talk about it, cry about it, be angry about it, or even to NOT talk about it.
 
But it is so hard to know what to say, or do. or not say or not do. So I simply said that I was sorry for their loss, that I was praying for them, and I send lots and lots of hugs. Maybe I should have said nothing. But I really did feel that God was urging me to say something. To acknowledge their unborn child, and grieve with them.
 
Please spare a moment for her and her family today, and offer up a prayer for comfort and healing on their behalf. They will need every prayer now, and in the weeks and months to come.
 
Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

Amanda said…
will be praying...
I weep with you both... :(

Much love and many prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand