On the 2nd day of Doing Stuff...

 I did an obscene amount of stuff. 

I woke up early, and rather than go back to bed, I sat with my coffee and began the first day of my year long devotional effort. Then I listened to a couple of podcasts while dismantling the Christmas tree, boxing up the decorations, sweeping the floor, putting the furniture away. After a while, the family woke up, and I started cleaning in earnest, dusting everything, organising the Lego cubes and the DVD cubes. 

It felt really good. 

I've had "defrost freezer" on my list for so long I thought it would be permanent - but not today, my people. I went out to the camper trailer and grabbed the esky (I think Americans call it a cooler? I never really went camping much over there, so I'm not sure.), and with Lachlan's help, unplugged and emptied the freezer. Then it was time to get SERIOUS. Over the sink we have a shelf, and it's been a clutter catcher since we put it there. It's been bugging me, so I moved some things there to free up some bench space. It will still get dusty, but it's way more functional. 

I'm not really sure what I was thinking, but for some reason the oven couldn't wait another day. So I took out the racks, sprayed it down, closed it up and set the timer to let it do its thing. After that, I was a bit pooped, so I had a break. 

All in all, tackling the kitchen was ridiculous, and I probably should have spread it out over two days. In addition to the above tasks, I organised the cupboard under the sink, loaded and ran the dishwasher, washed the dishes, took out the rubbish (and washed out the recycling bin), organised the saucepans, cleaned the filters from the range hood, and now? I'm wishing I had done a bit less, even if I'm a little bit obsessed with my kitchen and lounge room at the moment. 


------

I did not publish yesterday, so this is a 2-for-1 deal today.

Day 3's doings?

morning devotion, and I tried to watch the church feed online but the sound kept dropping out. 

I had big plans to do the family room, clean out school cupboard, etc. Having learned from yesterday, and in part inspired by my beloved sister-in-love, I decided to split it up and just focus on getting my desk sorted.

Other than that, I haven't done much. It's been a quiet day, and I've focused on doing...nothing. Which is a valid and necessary option. So no photos today. Desk is clean-ISH, and I'm cool with that. Now it's time to make dinner, and Team Sims is falling to bits. 


See you tomorrow,

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do We Go Next?

What a relief!

Please understand