Just Who Am I Working For, Anyway?

The thing about not having self-confidence means that I am highly vulnerable to the word "should".

I *should* make my children be tidy, but I *should* also serve them with a joyful heart. (there is NOTHING JOYFUL about making my children be tidy. EVER.)
I *should* do things this way, but also that way.
I *should* feel happy and grateful all the time, because when I am depressed I'm not trusting God and maybe my salvation isn't genuine?
I *should* make sure I get rest. But I *should* also be productive all the time.
I *should* not worry about the housework, but I *should* keep a clean house.


It's exhausting, frustrating, and I'm DONE with that word.

I am going to love my God, serving Him and loving my family with a joyful heart, in whichever way He leads me. Everyone else can have their opinions, but I'm not accountable to them. I cannot serve two masters.

I am the parent to my children, the wife to my husband. I am the only person who knows what that is like, and I only need to follow God in that journey. I am not telling others how to do their thing - only declaring that I am finished with looking around me and feeling like a failure because my children treated the neighbourhood to a spectacular display this morning and my house looks like we were burgled. I am not a failure. I'm simply brilliance in progress.

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6, ESV

XO,
Sarah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand