First in, Best Dressed

There's something to that expression, though my interpretation may be probably is different than the original.

If I give God the very best of me, my days go so much better. And even when they don't, I lose my cool far less often. I am clothed in the full armour of God, and that's as well-dressed as anyone can hope to be!

If I give God the last of me, like in the 30 seconds before I go to bed as an afterthought, my days tend to be awful. Truly awful. Well, not like Sodom and Gomorrah awful, but relatively speaking, it's not pretty. Think 'before' on an episode with Trinny and Susannah.

I'm on day 3 of praying with my children in the morning, and reading them a bible story (though it tends to bring up questions that I'm not sure how to explain in a relevant manner), and through praying with them, praying for them, I find that I'm getting better at praying in general. I am also 'losing it' far less often, which is something I'm incredibly thankful for.

It's not like God doesn't know that I need an extra measure of patience, or anything like that. But it's almost like when I'm watching my two year-old attempt to do something difficult, and I know that if I offer help before it's asked for, she'll flip out and scream "I do it MYSELF!!!". So I calmly wait, knowing that eventually she will ask. Do you think God is like that? Just waiting for me to ask Him for help? Waiting for me to come to Him in prayer? Waiting on my stubborn heart to admit that I'm not a superhero and I can't do it all?

And while I can't do it all, I should probably do something while I've got two sleeping children. Like laundry, or making beds. :-)

XOXO,
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a relief!

Where Do We Go Next?

Please understand